Jewelry De-clutter Tips
- I feel so overwhelmed where do I start? And how do I find the time?
- Break it down by the type of jewelry: ie. Necklaces, earrings, bracelets, etc.
- Ask yourself the following questions:
Do I wear it?
Do I still love it? Does it bring me joy?
Do I need to clean it? Another tutorial on cleaning jewelry
- Break it down into 15 minute increments. Only spend 15 minutes. Give the task complete focus for the set time. When the time goes off, go do something else…like get a treat!
- What if I have jewelry that has sentimental value?
- Ask yourself: Why am I keeping this? Here are some possible reasons to consider:
It’s probably worth a lot of money. – Really? If so, sell it. But more often than not, in reality it is worth more to you than it will be to someone else, because of the sentiment it holds.
I would feel guilty if I gave it away. – Never keep something out of guilt.
Look and hold each sentimental item and identify what that object is really doing for you. Maybe choose a few small sentimental items and be ready to part with the rest.
- I am very limited on space. How can I find joy in organizing my jewelry in a small space?
- Once you de-clutter you will find you have just enough space. I am always amazed that I actually have excess space once I de-clutter. So, take this upcoming week to evaluate and honestly look at your jewelry.
- For tips on ORGANIZING YOUR JEWELRY- check out my blog post
Let me know if you have any questions.
P.S. If you want these blog posts sent directly to your inbox CLICK HERE to sign up for our weekly emails!