How's it going? I know some states/schools have already headed back to school. While some of you are still awaiting the "Big Day." Did you know I used to teach 5th grade? Oh, about 17 years ago 😲. I still get "Back to School Jitters." I don't know what it is, but summer starts to wind down and fall kicks in and I get butterflies in my stomach. Crazy, but true!
We've got a few suggestions to help with those jitters and butterflies.
A Week or so Before School Starts
- Start getting back into a routine (bedtime/wake-up time) - Ugh, I hate this one...but it really does help!
- Gather/Buy school supplies
- Make sure all paperwork/registration is complete
- Introduce these tools to your children and empower them when they feel anxious or stressed: Starfish breathing and mindfulness
Night Before School Starts
- Lay out clothes (and heart necklaces from HWs)
- Pack Backpacks
- Pack Lunches
- Prep Breakfast (breakfast burritos or overnight oats)
- Go to bed on time (start bedtime routine earlier so your child has time to feel calm and relaxed)
- Make sure Mom and Dad do the same!!
- Charge phone (so your camera is ready 😉
First Day of School!!
- Get up earlier than normal
- Don't forget to wear your heart necklace!!
- Give lots of hugs and encouraging words
- Starfish breathing and mindfulness
- Have a GREAT DAY!